Monday, October 18, 2010




Hey Hey Hey everyone!


So good news! I saw the special! Bad news I was crying so hard that I barely could see ha. It was amazing! If you could send a special thanks to Carole for me that would be amazing! It turned out better than I could have ever thought! And you guys look great! Everyone keeps saying that you guys are way cute and they say to tell you hi!


Dad, I got all of your pictures! You look great and it looks like there shouldn't be a living bird anywhere in sight. I am sure mom is going to love having pheasant in her freezer for the next year. Kota looks so tired it looks like you are holding her up by the collar in most pictures. You can tell that she is the oldest one in the bunch. Tell everyone that I say hi and I hope that you all had fun. Tell Grant I say "hi" back. I love them all! And give Terry and Steve a hard time for being the only ones in their "go to town" clothes.


Mom, Sounds like you are finally getting to do some of those things that you need to do. I am happy for you. It sounds like you are doing well and thank you so much for going to Liz's farewell. I might send you a letter to forward to her today if I have time. I am jealous that you all got to go to Thriller! We heard the song in a restaurant the other day and I immediately went back to that concert. When is the NYC marathon? I can't wait to hear how it all goes.


Brynn, thanks for the email. It sounds like things are going well. PS. I could use some pictures some time... ha. I think that the Halloween theme sounds like a lot of fun. I keep telling people about the Halloween parties that Jen and Al put on and they love it. Are they having a party this year? What will the theme be?


Chase and Ash, how's its going? Mom and dad said that you are super busy with exams this week I hope that they go well! How was having Ashley's family? What did you guys do while they were there with you? Ash, how is the teaching going? How do you like the school and kids?


Jenny, I was so happy to get your email! It sounds like you are having so much fun and that you are keeping my family busy! I love hearing that you have made good friends and that you are enjoying the experience that you have had with our church! I can't wait to meet you! I am so thankful for the influence you have had on my family! You have helped them so much and they are so happy to have you there! Have a great week and good luck with the play!


Okay so this was a crazy week. Monday we went to a street that I will take you to when you come. It is amazing and there are all kinds of souvenirs. We went a little crazy. But that night we had a great lesson/ FHE with some of the people that showed up at the church. There is normally a senior couple that is here and they are in charge of FHE for the youth but they went home and a new couple hasn't shown up yet. So we were having a lesson and we just decided to combined it with some of the people that didn't hear that it was cancelled and we had a fun night.


On Tuesday I met up with the 2 elders with whom I was to travel with to Bulgaria and we caught a taxi to the airport, where we met 4 other elders from another mission... Yes me with 6 elders all week. It was a lot of fun though. We saw a lot of the city and we tried to do some contacting but it was hard because everyone there speaks Bulgarian. It sounds a lot like Ukrainian and Russian but very different. When I read it I could understand it but speaking was another story. But there were several people that learned Russian when it was under the USSR. It was an interesting city with nice people but I knew I wasn't in my mission. It is strange how you can feel when you are not in the place that you know you are suppose to be. I thought it was a great mission but I am happy to be back to my mission and the Ukrainian people. It freaked me out a little to get on an airplane and to see the city disappear below me. It kinda shot me forward two months and I think I am more scared now then I was before. That day is coming way too fast and at the same time not fast enough. I can't decide where I stand. I just wish you could all come here and be missionaries with me. I think that would be the best of both worlds. ha.


But yeah I got back and on Friday we were able to watch the program on President's computer. It was very well done and I was a little embarrassed for myself because I was sitting in the front and I couldn't wipe the tears from my eyes fast enough. But it was great and I think that everyone that saw it has loved the way it turned out.


Friday and Saturday it was back to the work. I was so happy to be back, meeting with people and teaching in a language that I understand. It feels good to be back in the swing of things. Agness is doing great but she is still out of town. She still hasn't smoked and she hasn't had coffee for a week now. We had a talk last night on the phone and she had totally forgotten that she had been out of coffee for an entire week. She ran out and just never bought more. I reminded her when I asked her about it. She is so great. Also Irina and Jenya are doing great! Jenya was sick yesterday so she wasn't able to come to church but they are doing so well. We will meet with them this week and get them situated for the baptism next week. They are really excited.


Also this week the elders found an amazing family and we are going to meet with the daughter tomorrow. They are from Armenia and they met with the elders for the first time in order to do English but they felt like it was a blessing from God. They all came to church yesterday and the daughter asked what she needed to do in order to become a part of this. We started talking about baptism and she said that she wouldn't feel right getting baptized again but then members turned around and started talking about their baptisms. It was a great Sunday!


I am so thankful for this time here, for the people here and the friendships that I have been able to make. I can't wait for you all to meet these people here and to feel of their love. I am so thankful for your examples and for the support and love that I get from you each week! You all have had such a great influence on my mission even though you are so far away! I love you all! and I miss you so so so much! have a great week and be safe!


Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment