Monday, October 4, 2010

3 Months and I am not counting!

Hey Hey Hey!!

Thank you for all of the emails. I am always so happy when I get one from each of you. Mom and dad always give me the run down but it is nice to hear how you all are!!! It sounds like you all had tons of fun in Lake Powell and in School. Unfortunately whenever you send the pictures through the silverlight thingy I can't see the pictures. I would have to download a program in order to see them... and I can't really do that. But in small size you all look amazing ha!

Mom, I am so proud of you for finishing strong and for giving your all to get ready for this marathon. Your will power still blows my mind! I can't believe it is so hot down in St. George still. I hope that it cools down. Please drink a ton of water. I hope that everything goes well and that you have fun running together! Hopefully we can all run together next year!

Dad, I hope that everything goes well tomorrow and Wednesday. I will keep a prayer in my heart for ya. I am proud of you for getting up on the ski. Did you show all those boys how it is really done? Did you guys bring the boat back up to SLC? It sounds like you gave those kids a fun time. How was seeing Bishnu? Did he come down to Utah for awhile? How much time did you get to spend with him?

Brynn, Hey it sounds like you are doing a lot better and that you had fun in Powell. I actually was quoting LPAM and AATKA this last week. I told sister Zenger about the mud in my eye story and how the axe murderer was on rampage in Powell. I always laugh when I think of the story. You calling me hook all weekend. I am glad that the Danube and Marge came down with you guys. It sounds like you guys were mom and dad's entertainment.

Chase and Ashley, man it sounds like you guys are busy but loving it. I met someone that had been to where you guys live and they said that they loved it. I am glad that you are liking your classes and teaching. Ash I can just picture you and I bet all of the kids just adore you! I hope you have a better class then ours was with student teachers. Chase at first I thought you were just saying that the class was gross and then I remembered that it is actually the name of the class. I had to laugh at my stupidity for a min.

Jenny, Congrats on getting asked to the dance! I hope that you have an amazing time. My parents said that you will answer Sean.. How are you going to do it? When is the dance? Are you excited? You will have to send me pictures!

So I swear this month has flown by. It has gone by slower than August but I still don't know where the time has gone. I woke up today and realized that October starts this week. Crazy!

Well this week was pretty great. We had a lot of meetings and a lot of success. We have been meeting with this mother and daughter, Tanya and Agnessa. They are great and have been loving everything that we have taught them. They are actually temple referrals and we have been meeting with them since the open house. Tanya is a little more hesitant but Agnessa has already read more then half of the Book of Morman and has a testimony of it. She started reading it from the beginning again because she wants to understand it a little better. These last 2 weeks we have been meeting with them and teaching them a lot about the commandments. This last week we set baptismal dates with them for October 23! They are progressing so well and I feel like Agness has become one of my sisters. She has gone 4 or 5 days with out smoking and now she is trying to stop drinking coffee. She is a trooper and she is doing amazing. We read with them the blessing of the Word of Wisdom and you could tell that she wanted it. They both just soak up as much knowledge as they can. I love teaching them because they really are searching. I will have to take a picture and send it this week.

Also this week we have found a lot of really amazing people that have been to the temple. We had to go to the police station in order to get my phone back... By the way the police found it!!!! yeah!!! But along the way we were able to talk to several people that had been to the temple and it was great because a member was with us and she was able to see that people really are interested. By the end she was doing most of the talking.

Yesterday in church we had a missionary conference. We took the last 2 hours of church and talked about the missionary work in our areas. I had to speak along with one of the elders. Elder Wheiler talked about how we need to work together in order for us to be able to do the work that the Lord has prepared. I know what we all think that missionaries are called to just do the work and we will come to the baptisms but while I have been here I realized that we can't do anything without the help of members. If we just do the work then when we leave so do our converts. But if members bring their friends to church and share with them what has brought them joy, they will accept the Gospel so much better then if a 22 year-old girl from America with broken Russian tries to do the same thing. It means so much more when you hear it from someone you know and trust then from a stranger on the street. I know that we have the Lord on our side and He is always with us so that we can teach His truth but when we are gone these knew members need someone to lean on. In my talk, I talked about how much power members have. They think that what they say doesn't matter. But I know it does. I have watched as member have worked with people for years and finally in the end they are able to help their friends receive the full and ever lasting Gospel of Jesus Christ. It was a great conference and the Stake President gave an amazing talk about bringing them to the temple. All in all church was amazing yesterday!

Well I should probably get going but I love you all so so so much! And I hope that everything goes well. Good luck this week in the Marathon! I hope that it cools down for ya.

Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment