Monday, September 13, 2010

Back to the Temple...in Ukraine!

Hey all!

Good morning and thank you for all of the mail! I loved all of the pictures and it looks like you are all having so much fun! I am glad that C-wood killed Murry and that Roy won. Good for Terry. The family looks good and tell them all happy birthday for me and Congrats. I swear you haven't taken much of a break since I left. I feel like you are all just constantly running at high speed. I hope you get to take a little time out in Lake Powell.

Mom, I am so glad that you are doing well and I am so proud of you and Brynn for running 20 miles!! I talked to a member here last night that mentioned that she had fought cancer and we were talking about some of the side effects and everything. She said that it really wasn't too bad but that she just got tired. But it sounds like you are hanging in there! I can't believe that it is already that time again for the race. I am way excited for you guys! I hope you get to find some Mom time in these last 3 days and get some of the stuff done that you wanted.I will for sure tell Svetlana hi for you! That reminds me I need to call her tonight.

Dad, sounds like you gave a really powerful talk. (edit) But I am glad that your talk went well. It sounds like everyone really liked it. How is the working out coming along? I am doing pretty good, minus the candy bars and the cookies that everyone gives us... but I have a new goal. I am afraid to see what Jenny would say to that big dress. It might even be fun to see just a picture of the bad boy again.

Brynn, Hey sis sounds like you are staying pretty busy! It sounds like you need a change of scenery. I know that whenever I am in an area for a long time I get really ready to move just to see something new...............

Chase and Ashley, how is school going for you guys? How are your kids doing Ash? Are they pretty well behaved? You guys will have to let me know. I got the picture of Chase in his scrubs, lookin good!

Jenny, It looks and sounds like you are having a ball and that you are staying pretty busy. I hope that everything is going well and that you are making some good friends. How are you liking American Football? That was always my favorite season! I hope that you are enjoying it and I can't wait to meet you!

Alright so here is a run down on the highlights of this week. It has been another whirlwind week that has flown by! I feel like I just wrote you. So we had a lot of really good meetings this week, zone conference, and a session at the TEMPLE!!! I can't explain how amazing it was, but I guess I will have to try.

We gave up half of our pday in order to take the time to go to the temple on Friday and it was worth a lot more then that. As we sat outside and waited we talked and looked in awe at the amazing building towering above us. The temple president came out and gave us some words of wisdom and some very inspiring thoughts that really helped me to focus on the meaning of the temple as I sat through the session. Also as we dressed and I waited for my companion in the hall I watched all of the workers scurrying around trying to get everything in order but there really was such an amazing feeling because 3 weeks ago there were hordes of people there and now it is a sacred house of the Lord. I cried as I remember the time I had spent there before my mission and I am so thankful for the love that I have for the temple. I think a lot of that comes because of the example of my parents. I realized something that I think is really important this time. These last few weeks I have been really concerned about what I need to do when I get home and as I sat after the session I realized that the Lord will direct us if we really dedicate our lives to Him. I realized that I might be able to do a lot on my own but I can't do what He wants me to do with out him. I loved being there and I don't know when we will get to go back but I hope it will be soon.

Zone conference was also really good. We have moved everything to a monthly schedule and not a transfer schedule so we will only be having zone conference every other month.. bummer. I really love zone conference. But we starting working on part of the training that we got last week. It was really great to practice and get ideas from each other and then we went out and worked. I love this work so much and I am starting to get bugged whenever something like lunch stops me from working... I hope I am not getting too weird. I should probably cool it a little.. ha. But Sister Zenger is doing amazing. She is catching on really fast and she is always so positive. I don't think I have heard her complain once and I have had her running almost all day everyday. It is kinda just how things have worked out, I promise I am not trying to run her out. She is great though and a really good missionary. She has a strong testimony and you can tell that she really wants to work. She is a lot of fun!

So we met with one of our temple referrals this last week and it was pretty amazing. She name is Luvbov, It means love, and she came to church last week. We met with her during the week and she loved every minute of our meeting. It was a lot of fun meeting with her and I think that she will do great. Also another one of our temple referrals stopped drinking coffee and tea after our last meeting and she has really enjoyed the Book of Mormon.

Well I just found out that I am not going to Bulgaria this week I will be going in October so I guess we will see what happens with my visa stuff. But I gotta jet! I love you all so much and I hope that all is well! My prayers are with you!

Sister Larsen

PS. I don't think that Sis. Walker told her mom yet but she said she would today... Thanks for checking on that. And thanks for the box of Reese's bars. Man they were amazing!

No comments:

Post a Comment