Monday, July 12, 2010

One year in the rearview mirror!




Good morning!

I love opening my mail and getting great news! I am so happy that everything went okay with mom's results and that everything is looking good now. Everyone that knows asked about how you all are doing and if there is anything that they can do to help. There isn't much here but just know that you have a lot of prayers from the other side of the world.

Mom, I am sorry that you weren't feeling the best this last week. I am glad that the pain has gotten a little less and that you were able to get around the last few days! Sun Valley should be really good for all of you! I can't believe it is already that time of year! I am excited for you guys to have a little bit of a break and kinda relax in every sense of the word.

Dad, That is a pretty cool gig that you got! You would be hired to take such a huge case, even people over here are talking about that oil spill! I am proud of you! I hope that everything goes well down there and that you get to go up to Sun Valley with everyone! Just know that I am proud of my papa, keep up the good work!

Brynn, I am really excited for you to get to Sun Valley! Go get some ice cream on you free day, read a good book and go for a run! There isn't anything better then a week in Sun Valley! I love the quote from President Hinckley that has helped me through every hard day in since I was in high school. "Everything will be okay in the end, if it is not okay then it is not the end!" We get stronger from every experience and we learn what we need to learn the key is being patient and doing what we can to be positive and look for the good!

Chase and Ashley,
Sounds like your time is getting short in Utah! I think I say this every time but I am really excited for you guys! I think you will have so much fun! It should be way fun to have Haley and Cory there for a few days and to get to go to Sun Valley and Powell! You will have so much fun! How was the Stadium of Fire and you Anniversary?

So the last few days as I have written in my journal I have been thinking about how fast 1 year flies by. It is not only on a mission but everyday has the same amount of hours and time goes and we can't ever get the time back that we lose. I can't believe it has already been a year! Crazy!

This week has been a crazy one! The Patriarch from the Eastern Europe area came and we had a fireside with him. He served as mission president in St. Petersburg, where my comps family is now serving. He told us about his mission experiences and how the work has changed in Eastern Europe and generally all over the world. It was interesting as he talked about the other missions in Europe and how they once were and how they are now. He served his first mission in Germany a long time ago and he has been able to go back several times to all of his missions.

Also this week we had a really emotionally trying experience. One of our investigators took a turn for the worse and I think it was so hard for all of us that know her. She was the happiest most optimistic person, let alone homeless person I have ever met. I really felt like every meeting she was teaching me how to be a better person. Well this last week she didn't show up to our meeting which isn't like her, she is usually early and reading! We prayed and went out to look for her because we didn't know where she slept or hung out during the day. We didn't find her but the elders found her the next morning. We had a zone meeting but after the meeting we went to go and talk to her. When we met with her she was drunk, I guess she is an alcoholic. At first she told us that it wasn't her choice so we tried to help her with what we could but then at the end of the day she went back to the same place and had drunk even more. Everyone that lives there said that she is usually good for a week and then the next few weeks she is in her own little world. It was really hard for all of us to understand how she was so prepared but so not!

Also President came with us on a lesson and that was really stressful for both of us. We feel like he knows everything and we wanted him to feel like we were capable missionaries. I don't know what he thinks now after the lesson. It was a good lesson but still you never know. Well I should get going my time is almost out! I love you all so much! I am glad that everyone is doing better this week and I hope that everything is even better this next week! I love you all and thank you for you support!

Love,
sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment