Friday, July 9, 2010

Happy 4th of July!


Hey everyone!

(Editor's note: Brooke's return date is Dec. 30, 2010! YEAH!!! Brooke's sweet friends Kilee and Liz stopped by the house to wish Teresa well)

I am so happy to hear the good news. Actually the day that I found out my going home date Sister Park in the Office called me right back and read the letter to me that you sent to the office. I was very grateful and I cried the rest of study! haha


Mom, I am so glad that the surgery went well and that you are feeling better now. I want you to know that all of the missionaries in my district have you in their prayers! They also wanted me to thank you for the pumpkin chocolate cookies that you sent! They loved them! I am excited to read your talk that you gave last week! I can't tell you how relived I was to hear about your surgery. I was able to watch part of the lecture that the doctor gives and it brought me a lot of peace of mind. Oh and by the way I got the package with the oreos! Thank you so much! I bowl everyday before we leave the apartment!


Dad, Thank you for all of the pictures and emails. I especially liked the scripture in Proverbs haha! It made me laugh pretty hard! I hope that you kill the uncles in Golf today, but more importantly I hope that you enjoy the game! I laughed and almost cried a little when you told me that you hugged the doctor! I bet that isn't the first time that something like that has happened to him but I bet he wasn't expecting it from you haha!


Brynn, I love you! I am so sorry! I know how it goes. It is rough but know that the Lord is with you every step of the way! Something that President told me when I talked to him this last week is that most of the time it is the hardest to find out what the Lord's will is for us, but once we find out we have to follow it! I know that we have been blessed so much and I know that the Lord is always happy to give us the knowledge that we seek. When we want to do His will He will reveal it to us. You said it right when you wrote that we are really really lucky girls! We have two great parents and the best brother and sister in-law in the world! Keep your head up.


Chase and Ash, Happy anniversary! How was the concert? What else have you done this week? Chase PLEASE be careful! I am so sorry I bet it hurts like the dickens! (Editor's note: "hurts like the dickens" yup she has been gone a year and sounds like a missionary) How was Logan? How is work and everything? What things do you have planned for the rest of the summer?


So this week was kinda all over the place. The Lord has kept us really busy which has been really good! We had exchanges this week with Sister Larsen and Sister Clark and we went to the ballet "Swan Lake" to start it off. Sister Clark stayed here in center with me and Sister P went with Sister Larsen. It was interesting because Sister Clark already served in this area when we first got here so it was fun for her to meet with some of her recent converts and "such as." We worked really hard and we were really tired by the end of the day on Thursday.


The rest of the week we were doing everything that we could to get ready for the baptism. We called around and got jumpsuits and we called the members because they didn't really know that it was going to be this weekend. Well Saturday came and the members that had parts in the program came except for the member that was suppose to baptise her... He didn't even call us. Well we were a little stressed out so we went and talked to her son and he just jumped up and said that he would baptise her...... (Editor deletions at the request of the writer...but very, very funny!!!) .... Let's just say in short the baptism didn't actually happen. She got really scared and decided that she will get baptized in a few weeks. We finished the rest of the meeting and had refreshments. She came out and kissed us smiled and left. We were left confused and in awe! I guess she will try again in 2 weeks when Galina gets baptized. We talked to her on Saturday night and she said that all was good and she even invited us to come live with her.


All in all it was an interesting week. We met a lot of really cool new people and the members have been awesome. Every member invites us into their home with gladness and it is amazing feeling. I feel like a have a little family here too! They aren't you guys but they really try and take care of us and love us like we are part of their family!


I love you guys so much and I miss you everyday! I am glad that things are looking up there and know that I pray for you every day! I am thankful for your love and support! You are all so amazing and I look up to your examples! Have an amazing week, be safe!


Love
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment