Monday, December 6, 2010

"It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas!"




Hey everyone.


Sorry my time is short to write so this might be a quicker email. I got your package and I may have opened it out of excitement! I didn't open everything but I was most excited for the letters and as I started to read I realized they were for Christmas morning so I stopped and put them away. I didn't finish opening or reading so I still have stuff for Christmas but I am way excited to wear the scarf! I might wear it before if that is okay.


Okay so I don't really have a lot of time to comment on each email but I loved them all and you are all amazing. And I got all the pictures! But I wanted to give you a run down of the week.


So Zhenya got baptized on Saturday!!!!!! She is amazing! She is only 14 years old and she made the decision to get baptized 3 weeks after her mom was baptized! Yesterday was my last and one of the greatest Fast and Testimony meetings. Bishop gave her the Holy Ghost and it was such an amazing prayer. He has been such a great friend to them and has been a really big help as they have started on this journey. So we kinda had a strange lead up to the baptism. We got a call on Friday night that Bishop may not have been able to come but we wouldn't know until we were already at the baptism so we called Sarah and her husband to see if he would be ready and willing if Bishop couldn't come. They were happy to help and they knew Zhenya because they had been on a lesson and Sarah helps out the youngest daughter in Primary. Well we got a call on Saturday morning and Sarah had gotten food poisoning and Denis couldn't leave her so we called the elders and had to send them home to get their clothes. Bishop called us on the way to the baptism and said that there was no way that he could make it and he called and apologized to Zhenya, wished her luck. It was cute to see that he didn't just call one of us to say he couldn't but he got a hold of her personally to tell her. Very nice. The baptism didn't go at all as planned but it went just how she needed it to be and just how the Lord wanted it to be. It was amazing and I loved it!


This last week we have been planning for the holidays in our wards. There will be an activity almost every night for about 2 weeks. I was really sad to know that the ward is having a party on the 29th and I will probably be with President that night and may not be able to go. I thought what a great last night it would be to spend it with a ward that has been like my family, Irina, Zhenya and all those that have touched my life here. I hope that there is a small chance that it will change or that I can go, even for a minute. It would be a great last night with the members. Enough of lasts, I almost started to cry and don't have any pills to blame it on.


This last week was rough in the way of lessons and finding new people. The mission just cancelled our English program and that is how I did a lot of our finding. Now I have to be more bold and out there. I can't just fall back on English. I thought, Oh I only have a few weeks left. Why can't I just keep doing things the way I have been doing them, they have worked so far. But then I realized that this way is a lot better and we have stopped using our time on English and starting doing what we are really here for. It is really hard and really pushing me but it is keeping it interesting and keeping my on my toes.


Well I should get going but I wanted to get your thoughts about the Christmas phone call. Do you want to call or do you just want to wait until the 30th? If you do want to call it will have to be later then the last few times. We have an activity at 3 and we won't be home until 6ish our time. If you could call around 6ish that would be the best, I think that would be 9:00 your time. I don't know if that will work with what Chase and Ashley have planned. Let me know.


Well I love you all so so so much and I hope you have the most amazing week. Tell everyone hi and that I love them!
Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment