Monday, May 10, 2010

Long time no talk! Happy Mother's Day!

Good morning everyone!

I can't tell you how happy I was to talk to you all yesterday! I know you were all probably very upset with me making you get up at the crack of dawn but I really loved every minute of it! I love how great our family is and how we can talk about everything and nothing and it is always great! Just hearing your voices made my day!!!

Mom, by the way happy Mother's Day!!! I think I got so excited to hear your voices that I didn't even say anything!!! I am really sorry! But I hope you had a great mother's day! It sounds like everyone made it pretty special! It sounds like your little company is taking off in the right direction! Skirts really are the big need! In the missionary packets they have pictures of skirts and they forget to tell you that you can actually dress pretty normalish! That was the most frustrating thing, is not knowing that you can wear cute things that are just modest. Also it would be really nice to have pockets... in case you need any ideas haha.

Dad, Thanks for the pictures! Everyone looks a little different but everyone looks really good! Ellie is a skinny, lurpy thing isn't she! I never noticed how gawky she is! She is dang cute! But my Kota is the cutest little thing in the whole wide world! It looks like you are still doing a great job with the singles! It seems like they love you more then ever! You are so great to really bring them into your lives like that! I love how open you are to everyone!

Brynn! I am glad that your song went well and that you feel good about it. Mom said that it was perfect and I can't wait to hear it! Thanks for recording it for me! I am really excited for you and everything you have going on! You look beautiful in all of the pictures that dad sent, of course! I am so glad that you are happy! I hope that everything goes well this week! Please keep me updated on everything that happens! I will keep you in my prayers!

Chase and Ashley, HAPPY BIRTHDAY ASHLEY!!! I hope that you have a really, really amazing day today! I heard you guys made some killer rolls for dinner last night! It was really great to talk to you and to hear kinda what is going on, and what is coming up! You guys have some really fun adventures coming up soon and I am really excited for you!

Well, you guys mostly got the run down of the week. It has been a pretty normal week. We have been having family home evening with some of the single members and our investigators and it has been a lot of fun to get them to interact with each other. We have kinda created our own little group of our investigators and members. They are the most mismatched group but they work together really well. We have Inna, she is our investigator and she just run and plays with all of the boys! She is hilarious and she is this tall skinny girl that always has a huge smile on her face! Then there is Elliah, he is a recent convert and he has long black dreds and wears all black. Stas who is just a friend of the elders but he doesn't really want to investigate. He is this funny guy that runs around and screams a lot. Hopefully I can get a picture of the possy tonight and send it next week. I don't really know how but they all work together and we have so much fun! They also really get involved in the spiritual thoughts at the beginning. They are awesome!

This week we met with Katya again and it was really awesome! You can really tell that she has been searching for the gospel, for the truth. Everytime we sit down to pray with her the spirit just floods the room. Yesterday she came to church but she left because she was late and didn't want to walk in, and she thought it was wierd that we were sitting down while we were singing. She is so sweet and I can't wait to meet with her again this week. You can tell that she really takes it seriously and that she really wants to know. She always brings her own Book of Mormon with her and really tries to study it with us. She is investigating several other churches but she just wants to find the truth. This last week we invited her to find out if she needs to be baptized. I think she already knew that she did because she asked what that would mean she would need to do after. She said that she really wanted to pray and involve the Lord to see what He thinks. We told her that it was probably a good idea! She is really great.

Well anyway the rest of the week was pretty much the same old stuff. We did a lot of contacting on the streets and we taught a lot of english. Oh we did have Zone Conference on Tuesday which was really cool! President talked a lot about families and the roles of Men and Women! It was really interesting because they are so intertwined that they hard to separate and talk about one with out the other. It was really great though and it really made me grateful for my family and for the separate roles of Men and Women and how they are divinely different for a reason! I love how it all just works together!

Well I love you all so much! I am so thankful for your examples and for your love! I miss you all so much, more than I can really explain but I am so grateful for your prayers and your concern for me! I hope that everything is going well! Pass a Hello to everyone and tell them that I love them! Have a great week!

Love,
Sister Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment