Thursday, August 27, 2009

Halfway thru the MTC!!!

Hey amazing family!

How is everyone doing?? So on Sunday we hit our half way mark! We are so excited because we have our first set of new missionaries coming in tomorrow! We are getting 8 new sisters and a total of 24 new missionaries in our branch. There is also another Russian branch that is getting about the same amount! It is crazy how many Russians there are here right now. Then next Tuesday we will be getting the Native Russians, Which I can hardly wait for.

Things are really great here! I am trying to work hard and I am always tired and I am hoping I can stay that way my whole mission! I love being a missionary so much!

Dad wanted me to explain a little about our day so here it is.
They have just started a new program here so a lot of things are changing.
We wake up around 6:30, sometimes at 6 because they have the gym open for sisters in the morning. We will usually run a mile or two and stretch. I have started just going down and dancing on the basketball court in the mornings and it is amazing! [Editor’s note: Brooke takes Hip Hop to the MTC and causes chaos among Elders] Most days we get ready and have breakfast at 7:00 and start class at 7:30-11:30. Most of this class time is done by the teacher and we will usually teach a lesson of some sort. We have lunch at 11:30. Sometimes we have gym right after lunch for 50 minutes, but it is random every day. We have class from 12:15-4:30, dinner and then class again from 5:15-9:00. One of the blocks of class is our own study time where we do not have a teacher. We do personal study, companion study and then Language. They have a computer program that we use here called TALL. We don't use it as much as we should but most of our language time is directed towards our lessons and tasks that we have to do each week. Every Wednesday we teach in the TRC to Volunteers which I look forward to every week!

I hope that helps a little. Every day is a little different. For gym we usually run and then do abs or lunges. Last Saturday morning we played softball which was so much fun! I am still a little sore though! It has been forever since I have thrown a ball! It reminded me of playing catch with everyone out on the front lawn. I really loved it and I will say I am not as bad as I thought I was going to be. :D

So yesterday Sister Burke and I went and taught the first lesson to a teacher to get some feed back on our teaching in Russian. We struggled through it and it wasn't too bad. When we got done I realized that as I was teaching about Prophets and the different dispensations, I forgot to teach how prophets have the authority to teach the words of God. I forgot to teach about the priesthood power that is giving to prophets. I knew right when I finished my section that I had left out a really important part. That knowledge of the Priesthood authority that was giving to Joseph Smith is what makes everything work so perfectly. It gives us that authority to baptize and perform other ordinances. I realized how important that authority is to us. I know that through that authority we have the right to ask for the blessings that are promised to us. Because I had forgotten to teach that principle the lesson didn't really flow until it had been taught. It amazes me how much better the lesson started going once we had taught about the priesthood authority. Even though it was just a practice I learned so much from that lesson about how powerful our message is.

Lately I have been reading about the armies of Moroni and Helaman. I love how much faith they have in the Lord that everything will work out for the best. In a letter to Moroni, Pahonra said that he would do whatever the Lord asked of His people. I want to have that kind of faith. That is one of the big things I am working on is my trust in the Lord. Sometimes I rely too much on myself and not enough on the Lord.

Well I hope all is well with all of you! Sorry I didn't get to write individual messages this week. But I love you all so much!

…..
Thank you so much for everything!! I love you!

Cectpa Larsen

No comments:

Post a Comment