Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Week 2

Hey everyone!!
I got all of your postcards from Sun Valley and I am so glad that you are having so much fun! I haven't opened the pictures or the workout plan yet because I wanted to get this letter off before my time runs out. I am so sorry to hear about Holly's Dad. Tell her that I love her and my prayers are with her and her family. I am also sorry to hear about Grandpa I hope that everything goes okay with his leg!

Brynn: Tell Ben I said congrats that is awesome that he did the Spudman! He is such a Stud. That is good that you had fun in Idaho I think it was! And I am impressed that you are training for a marathon I don't think I will ever be able to do one. You seriously amaze me every day! Every day I hear your voice in my head with a quote to add a little humor to the day. You have been such a solid example in my life thank you.

Mom: Thank you so much for the packages and the letters. Everyone is jealous of the support that I get from my family. Those packages and words of encouragement have come at times when I have needed them so badly! You brighten my week everytime I get a letter! I have used you in my classes as examples this week! You have always been such a believer in prayer and I have had to draw on that example a lot this week.

Dad: Thank you for the email! I really am so blessed to have such an amazing family! You are the best! I was picturing you and Kota walking today as I was reading your letter and it made me smile to hear her bark in my head. I miss you all so much!

Chase: Thanks for the dear elder last week. It is crazy how just a small letter can lift your spirits so much. I saw Jonny Kats today and it made me think of how it must have been for all of you to be in here. I think about you daily and draw on your strength and example.

I have made it through week two without too much pain. It has actually been an amazing week! Time goes by so weird here. The days seem to drag but when you look back the weeks fly by, it feels like you just barely got here. There is so much to learn and so much to take in that by the end of the night you are so tired but your mind is swimming in your own thoughts of the day, doctrine, and Russian. It is hard to discribe. I just lie in bed and wait to fall asleep. Sometimes it feels like you are in a dream and when you got back to your room you will wake up and be in real life again. It is tiring but every night I go to bed knowing that I am accomplishing so much in one day. I can go to bed knowing that the Lord is happy with my day's work.

This week has been interesting as we have learned more of the Russian Language. We found out that everything we learned the first week was just to make us feel good and feel like we are learning Russian but in reality everything is not as it seems. We have started getting into the grammer of the language and man it is impossible!! They have so many different cases (I think German has the same thing). But each word has its own case and it changes every word in the sentence. It boggles my mind to try and understand it but I think it is starting to click.

We taught our first lesson last Wednesday and it went really well. The spirit here is so strong! We introduced ourselves in Russian and then taught our first lesson in English. It is amazing how the Lord can take your preparation and turn it into a lesson that can influence someone's life. I felt like we did a pretty good job ha. We teach again tomorrow, we have to teach more of it in Russian so we will see how that goes. Poor soul who has to listen to our broken Russian haha.

You are the best family a missionary could ask for. You have all taught me well and I draw strength from past experiences and from your letters. Thank you for being so supportive of me. I want to leave you with a lesson that a teacher shared with us this week that I thought was interesting about missionary work.

D&C 75:2 It talks about giving up your name. A missionary gives up his first name to take on the name of Christ on their badge. He works with them side by side. Lifts them up and shares with them the knowledge that he has gained throught the atonement to speak to the souls of those who are ready to hear the gospel.

I love you all and hope you have a great week! Thanks again for your support.

Cectpa Larsen!

No comments:

Post a Comment